What information does ManuscriptPro use?
ManuscriptPro gathers and uses information about you, including (but not limited to) information in the following categories:
- Identification data (e.g., name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address)
- Profile information (e.g., age, sex, country of residence, and any information that you choose to make available to others as part of your user profile)
- Electronic identification data (e.g., IP addresses, cookies)
- Banking and payment information (credit card information, account number)
- Survey results
- Information about your usage of and interaction with our website, including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views, and traffic to and from our websites
- Manuscripts, theses, and/or documents
- Correspondence between you and ManuscriptPro
How does ManuscriptPro use this information and for what purpose?
Your manuscripts and documents are collected for the purposes of proofreading and/or editing in English and making sure that you receive the best quality. Other information helps us in developing services for a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized delivery.
We also use the data, wherever permitted and abiding to the provisions of the CAN-SPAM Act (https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business), to:
- Communicate with you when necessary
- Process or deliver orders made via our websites, send an invoice, or notify you of the status of your order (i.e., Transactional email)
- Provide other services for you (as described when we collect the information)
- Provide you with customer support and for troubleshooting
- Compare information for accuracy
- Inform you about service updates and faults
- Request feedback or participation in online surveys
- Resolve disputes
- Verify your identity
- Customize, measure, and improve our services and websites
- Organize and carry out ManuscriptPro’s marketing or promotional operations/offers (i.e., Commercial email)
- Protect your and ManuscriptPro’s interests, and to enforce our Terms of Service and fight against fraud
Our disclosure of your personal information
Except as provided below, ManuscriptPro shall not sell, rent, trade or otherwise transfer any personal and/or traffic data or communications content to any third party without your explicit permission, unless it is obliged to do so under applicable laws or by order of the competent authorities.
ManuscriptPro may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, to protect ManuscriptPro’s interests, to enforce its policies, or to protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety.
Linked websites and third-party applications
How does ManuscriptPro protect your personal information?
ManuscriptPro shall take appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect personal data and traffic data provided to it or collected by it with due observance of the applicable obligations and exceptions under the relevant legislation. Your personal and traffic data can only be accessed by authorized employees and editors of ManuscriptPro, who have signed a binding confidentiality agreement.
How can you contact ManuscriptPro?
You have the right to access and, where relevant, to amend your personal information. We will respond to requests to view, correct, complete or remove your personal information within a reasonable period of time and upon verification of your identity. Please address any questions to [email protected]
How long is your personal data kept by ManuscriptPro?
ManuscriptPro will retain your information for as long as is necessary to: (1) fulfill any of the aforementioned Purposes or (2) comply with applicable legislation, regulatory requests and relevant orders from competent courts. Your uploaded documents are removed within 30 days of the upload date.
We take the security of your information very seriously, and it is of the utmost concern to us here at ManuscriptPro. Protecting your information (personal, financial details and even the conversations) is always our top priority. We have been very careful in developing processes and employing technology to protect against any current and future security threats in these areas.
We use 256-bit public/private key encryption for data and files transfers, and hold high assurance SSL Certificates – a worldwide accepted security certificate that is the highest measure in preventing threats and plagiarism.
Data confidentiality covers data in storage, during processing, and in transit. ManuscriptPro guarantees that your data will not be accessed or disclosed to unauthorized individuals, entities, or processes and will be protected from international or accidental attempts to perform unauthorized data reads.
Confidentiality refers to limiting information access and disclosure to authorized users – “the right people”; and preventing access by or disclosure to unauthorized ones – “the wrong people”.
Physical Access Control
Access control is determined by the software, hardware, and liveware (humans) that enforce it. ManuscriptPro has a system of controls that limit access to organizations’ resources.
Protection against malicious software (malware), spyware, spam and phishing attacks is also critical to confidentiality, besides data integrity and availability. All of ManuscriptPro’s servers are protected behind a firewall to prevent users from accessing them other than by specifically allowed protocols and methods. ManuscriptPro also maintains a detection method which picks up suspicious activity that may signal an intrusion and tracks each transaction by the user login details and provides a timestamp for each event. Our website is also regularly scanned for potential malware and vulnerabilities by SiteLock (https://www.sitelock.com/website-scanning.php).
ManuscriptPro owns the expertise and technology to safeguard your data integrity by making use of the most advanced data technologies and stringent data management measures. You can rest assured in the knowledge that ManuscriptPro can provide you with complete protection against data loss.
Your data is always available at a required level of performance in situations ranging from normal to disastrous. If you have any questions or concerns about the safety of our system, please contact us to find out more.